Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My First ICLW

So I'm still pretty new to the whole blogging world and this is my first ICLW... I love it!

It's so nice to be able to connect with other women in this community, share our stories and in turn, hopefully bring a little encouragement to each others lives. I've been so busy trying to comment and find new blogs to follow that I hadn't taken the time to post myself!

When I finally decided to start a blog, my original intention was to send a link to some friends and family members and use it as a tool to tell them about what we had been through. Very few know the details of our situation, and even fewer know that we did IVF. The more I thought about it, I didn't send that link out because I knew I would forever have to be careful and censor what I wrote on here.

After my first couple of posts, I quickly realized that this would be an avenue for me to express my true feelings. As I started getting my first comments I understood how powerful this could become. For me, blogging was not about telling family and friends our story, that can come later. This is about community. It's those of us who are part of a club we never would've asked to join, but trying to make the best of it anyway. We don't even like the criteria for membership, but the shoe fits. Sharing our feelings, the good days and the bad, and reaching out to those around us to lend a helping hand through a difficult time in their lives.

I've realized through my own journey that no matter where you are in life, there is always someone out there who can use your help. Be ready. Listen. Support. Care. Reach out. Be the person for someone else that you need someone to be for you... it will come back around.

Thanks to all of you who have visited my blog and those who have commented. It's already making a difference in my life after only a few short weeks.

4 comments:

  1. I love the second last paragraph in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way you do. Thank for you being sharing your story.

    BTW: I gave you an award. Stop by to see what's up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and way of thinking. Sometimes when you are so consumed about your own life, it is hard to think you may be able to give back to others too!
    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to the blogging community. i am hoping you are able to find some of the love and support that blogging has brought to me
    best wishes
    xoxo
    iclw

    ReplyDelete