Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

All I Ever Wanted

So my sis and her hubby had to go away for the weekend to a formal wedding about two hours away. She was worried about her little boy (14 months) being good and being able to sit still during all the festivities. The rehearsal dinner is tonight and the wedding tomorrow afternoon. She is a hairdresser so she'll be doing hair and makeup for the girls all morning tomorrow. That's alot to expect a 1 year old to sit through so she asked if we could babysit this weekend... of course we said yes!

He's been at our house since about noon today and is always so much fun. It's fun to pretend that he's ours and to imagine what our lives will be like once our babies finally arrive. Sure, there are plenty of other times that it bothers me that we still don't have kids and my younger sister does... but I try to push that part aside as much as I can.

He just woke up from a nap but was still a little sleepy... hubby picked him up and laid down on the couch with him and now they're both asleep. This is all I ever wanted...


You think we could run away before they get back from the wedding and just pretend this little guy is ours? :) It melts my heart to see hubby curled up with him.

One of these days it will happen. That's what keeps us going.


7 comments:

  1. That is a *precious* picture. And someday it will be your baby he's holding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very sweet! I can't wait to see that in our house too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exactly what we are waiting for. To see my hubby holding our twins after they passed was not what I ever imagined. I have to hope that someday that picture in my mind will change to one where he is smiling.
    I want that for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to see my 3 little nephews over the holidays. They live abroad, so this only happens about once every year or two. I was so nervous that I would be resentful when I got there, but that feeling went out the window as soon as they ran up to me and threw their little arms around me... and squeezed. I spent the next 3 days were bliss. Enjoying moments like these I think really help to keep us going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful picture! It brings me some much peace. I hope that one day soon, both of us have those same pictures of our husbands with our children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That right there is what I long for. Seeing my Hubby with our child. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This picture is so precious. It's what my heart longs for too, being able to see my Hub be a daddy and holding our little one. Sweet moments like that keep us fighting for what we want!

    ReplyDelete